Sunday, February 17, 2019

Music Marketing

My project for the music marketing campaign consisted of developing a way to make a band/artist famous and distribute their music throughout the target audience. The song I was assigned was a rock song which is why my group and I decided a band would be more appropriate. During the research, my group and I discovered that the target audience for rock bands were mostly male and from ages 18-30. This made us realize that the best way to market our music was through social media.

Our band "Dark Souls" made an Instagram, Snapchat and an online website. The Instagram was made for audiences to interact with the artists and for them to promote their new songs and music videos as well as their merchandise. The website was for people to easily read more about them and find out their next tour date. Another marketing creation was to have the band open concerts for bigger bands that could lead them to have a similar audience. Our last marketing creation that we thought was very important was to create a video game with our band. After it was dropped we would have an Arcade day that would lure fans to participate and the band would give free giveaways and would really involve the audience.

Throughout this project I learned that researching the target audience was one of the most important things because that is how you figure out the best marketing campaigns for the artist/band. This will impact my portfolio project because I will make sure to really look into the market audience for my magazine genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is my Creative Critical Reflection,  in which I address certain topics that have to do with the creation of my magazine. Thank you ...